Cloutier Matthews LLP. Let’s talk life. Let’s talk business.
Cloutier Matthews LLP is a full service accounting firm located in Courtenay, BC. We believe in delivering superior value and service to our clients, as well as providing a positive and enriching work environment for our employees. Quality of life is fundamental to our beliefs and we therefore provide a 4-day work week in July and August, an employee fitness program, flexible work weeks, full health benefits and staff parties, including team building trips to Tofino. We also believe in our community and support a number of local charities.
About our community
Situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island, the Comox Valley includes the City of Courtenay, the Town of Comox, and the Village of Cumberland. Surrounded by majestic mountains, rushing rivers, lush rainforests and shimmering seas, our community is highly attractive to those seeking variety and a superb quality of life, as well as affordable housing. A great place to raise a family, we have a strong sense of community and a shared spirit of cooperation.
If you enjoy the outdoors, the Comox Valley is the place to be. Mount Washington Ski resort, which has 1700 acres of terrain, is only 30 minutes outside the City. World-renowned mountain biking trails are located in Cumberland that can be ridden year round. Furthermore, the beautiful west coast waves of Tofino are only 2.5 hours away.
A typical weekend here can include superb salmon fishing, paddle boarding at Goose Spit or on Comox Lake, a tube float down the Puntledge River, or beers with friends on a patio at one of the three local micro-breweries.
The successful applicant will be a CPA with previous public practice experience, who can effectively manage client relationships as well as identifying and evaluating business opportunities consistent with the existing culture of the firm.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Oversee multiple client engagements across various industries,
- Research and analyze a variety of tax issues,
- Prepare, review, and advise on corporate, personal, and trust tax returns,
- Review the work of junior staff members, including NTRs, Review and Audit engagements,
- Develop and implement client tax planning strategies,
- Planning corporate reorganizations,
- Initiate business development opportunities, and
- Foster invaluable, long-lasting relationships with our clients.
- CPA designation, with a minimum of five years public practice experience in Canadian income tax,
- Tax planning experience with owner-managed businesses,
- A background working with estates and estate planning,
- Solid organizational, oral, and written communication skills,
- Exceptional interpersonal skills,
- The desire to become an integral part of our team, and
- A strong focus on client service, business development and community involvement.
Please visit our website at www.cloutiermatthews.ca for more information about us.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Summer Matthews at email@example.com
We would like to thank you for your application, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.